Thank you so much to kkatch22 for nominating me for the Liebster Award. If you have a moment check out her blog Finding French Charming. It’s a really wonderful blog! I was I bit confused as to what this award was about so I looked it up and found The Global Aussie page where the official rules are hosted and a prize given out at the end of the year. It is for new bloggers, typically those with under 200 followers, so I fit right in there. Though I do hope that by the end of the year I’ll have gotten a bit bigger than that.
What makes me passionate about blogging?
I need to be creative in order to be happy
As my time and energy is very limited there isn’t much room in my life for creating anything.
So writing these short stories makes me feel like I’m making good progress on something I’ve been wanting to do for 20-ish years. I explain more on my About page.
10 random facts about myself….
This should be fun.
- I have this weird light hearted crush on The Joker. Whichever Joker. Don’t really have a favorite, I find the character itself be the perfect comic relief to my life. He can put me in such a great mood for hours if not days.
- I have many favorite desserts, but I really love Icecream and Cake in the same bite.
- I don’t just get visual flashbacks, I get flashbacks of smells and tastes too (without any present smell/taste to trigger it). Colors are my most common trigger of positive flashbacks.
- I miss all the awesome toys I had as a kid. The original Littlest Petshop kitties, Skipper, Rainbow Bright’s Unicorn, Barbie’s horses and soda shop, And all those shiny, sparkly, neon colors…
- Every stuffed animal I had was linked to a specific memory.
- I wanted to become a veterinarian, but I’m allergic to every type of animal.
- I’m starting to discover that I care more about ice cream than I do about my weight.
- This blog exists because of a story idea progressing since junior high. I’m now in my 30’s and finally getting it out where people can see it.
- I miss falling asleep in a tent while feeling music vibrate through the earth beneath me and/or dancing all night long to watch the sunrise. .. The liberation of completely denying regular human pattern made me feel so alive!
- I like my coffee black just like my humor.
The Questions given to me:
- What is “your song” for getting you motivated, to work out, to accomplish a task etc.
This changes every few months or so. At the moment there’s 2 for the tie. I get self-empowered and ready to rock the day if I’ve listened to Nicki’s Chun Li and Cardi’s Bodak Yellow. I always listen to one after another, yet I’ve never really been into hip hop… Earlier this year it was Taylor Swift’s Ready For It and Blank Space.
2. When you are down about something, what person do you contact and what is always their approach that gets you out of your rut?
I have 2 really great friends who are always so supportive of me. We live a million miles apart but we’re so close at heart. Their approach is lots of love. Friends for life.
3. Have you ever been so embarrassed you left a place and never went back? What happened?
When I was 5 I was at a friends place down the road and playing with this toy that had farm animals you could move in a path. Her mom told me to be really careful with it, but one of the animals got jammed and popped off the toy. My friend’s expression dropped and she said I was going to get into trouble. I was so embarrassed that I fled her house and went home… I’m not sure I even stopped to put my shoes on. Then I got a talking to from my mom for walking down the street by myself.
4. Do you have a childhood friend that you’ve never heard from since then, but think of often? Have you ever tried to get in touch with that person?
Yes… but life takes us in different directions. It’s okay.
5. Snakes or spiders? You MUST walk through a room full of them to get out on the other side. Which one do you choose?
ew! Snakes probably, because they don’t have little crawly legs…. ew
6. Have you ever tried to duplicate a meal or dessert that you had a restaurant? Was it epic or an epic fail?
Yes! It’s epic. One of my favorite dishes. It’s either a Caesar or Spring salad topped with cold garlic butter string noodles and then Thai Chili chicken (grilled or deepfried) on top of the noodles. I should do a post on it.. It’s that good.
7. The last wedding you attended – which guest were you? Life of the party? Hidden in the corner? So drunk you don’t remember? Mad at your date and left early? Feeling sorry for yourself and jealous of the bride and groom?
Wow, I haven’t been to a wedding in forever….. I think It was the one where I was a grooms lady… yep. In with the guys! I had missed the rehearsal so I messed up the positioning somehow ended up standing where the witness was supposed to be….
8. Of all the sci-fi movies you’ve seen, which one would be your “dream future”, the kind of life you could embrace even if not perfect?
I’ve been thinking about this for like 15 minutes and don’t think I’ve ever watched a sci-fi that had a desirable future… I don’t watch many movies. Oh wait. There was a black mirror episode where you could upload yourself into a cloud where you are your 20 year old self and can experience the fun things to do in whichever era you wanted to experience. That was pretty neat. I’d totally enjoy something like that.
9 . If you could go back and tell your 12 year old self one piece of information that could change your life, what would it be?
That’s confidential, but oh yes, it would change my life.
10. What celebrity hairstyle did you try to copy in your teens or early 20s?
Hairstyle? I wasn’t into celebrities, … I somewhat copied Gwen Stephanie’s sunglasses from the cover of her album, but it was more because one of my friends leaned me toward it. I would love to get another pair of those actually. Also discovered the ponytail hair extension! That was lots of fun.
The bloggers I nominate for this award are :
Questions for my nominees
- What is your favorite or strangest dessert?
- What do you think relationships will look like 80 years from now? Will they have evolved/devolved as much as they have in the last 80 years?
- What is your favorite fantasy race and why? (Elf, dragon, vampire, ect..)
- What is your favorite thing to write about?
- It is said that we all have a dark side, how would you describe yours?
- To dance or not to dance?
- What is your favorite fashion style? Whether you actually wear it or not.
- Describe your life in less than 10 words
- What is something that makes your heart melt
- Where do you find inspiration?
- Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
The GUIDELINES for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Display the award on your post (There are less flowery images available in google image search)
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blogging
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer the questions given to you
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
- Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
- List the rules and inform your nominees of the award
- If you want your blog to be read and considered by the award’s Official Rules page, leave a comment there with a link to your post. (link is in the first paragraph)